What is nCDN?
nCDN, or New Kind of Content Delivery Network, combines the best elements of traditional data center focused CDNs and decentralized P2P CDNs for a truly new CDN solution. This new service runs on NKN’s global shared network of servers that are hosted in data centers offered by many of the top cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, and DigitalOcean as well as edge locations including home WiFi routers, NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices, and more. The result is a CDN with many points of presence and embedded quality controls to ensure availability and performance.
In order to make nCDN easy to use. NKN offers a secure, self service portal which allows CDN power users to sign up and configure the service in just a few simple steps.
nCDN solves many of the problems faced by enterprises seeking to provide media rich experiences for their customers including:
- Bandwidth Limitations — NKN unlocks the power already available in unused and underutilized networks to meet bandwidth demands
- Latency & Reliability — NKN can be integrated into any multi-CDN solution to help service providers relieve network congestion. In addition, NKN smart scheduling and routing capabilities improve latency and reliability performance.
- Global Coverage — NKN offers a Global Network of edge servers in more than 40+ countries to deliver content wherever your customers are located
What are the advantages?
Since nCDN is based on NKN’s decentralized network architecture, it offers a unique set of advantages over traditional CDN offerings including:
- Global Coverage: Up to 20,000 global servers today and growing
- Elastic Capacity: NKN servers are multi-functional and can scale up and down depending on demand.
- Low Latency: Since each NKN CDN server is a Point of Presence (PoP), there is always a few PoPs close to the clients with low latency.
- Low cost: Community run NKN CDN servers, whose fixed costs are covered by NKN mining economy.
- Smart scheduling and routing: can dynamically schedule based on many parameters: bandwidth, latency, server load, and price.
- Reliability: Compared to a traditional CDN, the NKN CDN network has no single point of failure and is fully distributed. In contrast to a pure P2P CDN that relies on clients watching content, our CDN servers: typically run 24/7, have a public IP address and good quality Internet connectivity, and do not require peers to watch content.
What applications can benefit from nCDN?
Our light-weight software that can be embedded into nearly any application or device which makes nCDN the ideal solution for web content caching, short form video, live streaming and esports.
In addition, NKN is working with leading video platforms in China and US for accelerating large scale production quality video streaming.
- Up to 20,000 edge servers across 40+ countries
- Network Map
- Instant Setup with self service portal
- Secure Verification Login
- CDN records management
- Dashboard analytics
- Reverse proxy with caching
- FastCGI support with caching
- Handling of static files, index files, and auto-indexing
- TLS/SSL with SNI
- Cluster management
- Rolling updates
- Multi-host networking
- Geo location based routing
- Zone based routing
- Runtime status
- Weighted Records
Website admins: try nCDN today!
nCDN is currently in limited beta for selected enterprise and Small Medium Business customers. Please visit the following website for a free trial and see how nCDN can help accelerate your website globally and at scale. Once your application is submitted, it will take 1–2 business days to get an approval decision based on legal compliance and our capacity.
A video tutorial can be found here:
Miners: apply to join nCDN mining test
NKN miners can also run nCDN services for testing. Currently nCDN is in limited beta so there is NO economic reward yet. Once we move onto full production mode, we will announce economic incentives and additional rewards for running nCDN services. Here is the application form:
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.
Email: [email protected]